By Eniolá Abdulroqeeb Arówólò
Quesadillas are a delicious Mexican dish that combines the richness of melted cheese with the satisfying crunch of a tortilla. This quick and easy recipe is perfect for a tasty snack or a simple meal. Here’s a step-by-step guide to making classic cheese quesadillas:
1. Flour tortillas
2. Shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend)
3. Butter or cooking spray
4. Optional: Salsa, guacamole, sour cream for serving
1. Prepare the Cheese:
– Shred your preferred cheese or use pre-shredded cheese for convenience.
2. Assemble the Quesadillas:
– Lay a tortilla flat and evenly distribute a layer of shredded cheese on one half.
3. Fold the Tortilla:
– Fold the tortilla in half, creating a semi-circle with the cheese inside.
4. Cooking on the Stovetop:
– Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
– Add a small amount of butter to the pan or use cooking spray.
5. Cook the Quesadilla:
– Place the folded tortilla in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until the tortilla becomes golden brown and the cheese melts.
– If making multiple quesadillas, repeat the process for each one.
– Once cooked, remove the quesadilla from the pan and let it cool for a minute before slicing.
– Serve with salsa, guacamole, or sour cream if desired.
– Dive into your homemade quesadillas and savor the gooey, cheesy goodness!